WordPress: Beyond the basics
Use WordPress to create and manage a professional-looking website
About This Video
- Learn WordPress cutting-edge techniques
- Create a website that visitors will flock to
- Save thousands of dollars by never having to hire a web designer again
WordPress is one of the most popular website-building platforms in use today. It's easy to learn, has great features, and (best of all) it's free.
In this course, you will learn how to create and manage your website and make it look like you had it designed by a professional.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
This course will show you how to create new pages, set up and structure your site, and add features to it. It will progress to theming, customizing, and making your site responsive so it works on all devices. It'll also teach you something often neglected but important: how to set the tone of the site with graphics, select a color palette, and add images in order to best tell your story to everyone. Finally, you'll learn some cool HTML5 and CSS tricks and shortcuts that will make visiting your website a pleasant experience.
This course is for professionals within the following business functions:
- Everyone is welcome in this course.
An Overview of WordPress and Its features - 38 Minutes
- The Course Overview
- The Admin Panel
- The Dashboard
- The Dashboard Continued
- The Difference between Posts and Pages
Posts and Pages - 45 Minutes
- How to Create a New Page?
- Publishing Versus Draft Mode
- Scheduling a Post
- Setting Up Your Menus
- Creating a Discussion Board
Twenty Seventeen - 26 Minutes
- Theme Twenty -Seventeen Overview
- Getting Different Themes for Free
- Purchasing a Theme
Creating Graphics - 37 Minutes
- What Is the Story of Your Site?
- Choosing Colors
- Getting Photos and Graphics for Your Site
- Ways to Edit Your Image
- Sizing Your Image
HTML and CSS Tricks - 31 Minutes
- HTML 5
- HTML 5 Shortcuts
- CSS Shortcuts
- Making Your Site Live
About the Expert