Sun Tzu's Art of War - the Tao of Leadership
Click here to access a free preview of the Sun Tzu's Art of War - the Tao of Leadership course!
Art of War is one of a handful of must read leadership classics.
It is one of the most quoted but least understood books on the subject.
It's also quite a difficult read because 60% of the book is about the Chinese terrain and climate and about moving men and supplies.
This can feel like a waste of your valuable time but the remaining 40% is pure gold.
It's a book about the mental and spiritual preparation for leadership.
It makes it very clear that strategy and the motivation of others begins with self control.
In this course we focus all of your attention onto the gentle art of stilling the mind to feel the force.
In 45 minutes you will discover the essence of Sun Tzu's leadership message without needing hours of study.
The book is NOT a manual on ways to be ruthless and unprincipled.
In fact it's the polar opposite whilst still having the objective of instructing
the reader in the ways of undisputed and total success.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the central message of Sun Tzu's The Art of War without having to spend hours reading the book and commentary on it
- Appreciate why The Art of War is a classic text in Leadership Development
- Focus on the importance of Self Awareness to great leadership
- Discover ways to cultivate the techniques needed to make decisions without stress
- Recall the most important quotes from the book and relate them to the world of business
This course is for professionals within the following business functions:
- People being introduced to Leadership Development, HR Managers, and Business Owners who need to learn about leading others without anxiety
- Readers with an interest in classic literature but who want a synopsis before investing time in reading the full text
Introduction - 8 minutes
- Introduction and Benefits
- Opening Remarks and Objectives
- Defining Moral Command and Influence
- Eastern and Western styles of Leadership
The Tao or Way of Harmony - 17 minutes
- Cultivate the Tao
- Techniques for cultivating the Tao
Mystique, Moral Dilemma and the Long term appeal of Art of War - 6 minutes
- Longevity and Mystique
- Moral Dilemma
10 popular quotes and their meaning - 7 minutes
- Inspirational quotes
About the Expert