Preview of The Science of Leadership
This is a free preview (17 minutes) of the The Science of Leadership course. The description of the full course (187 minutes) is provided below.
I'm extremely proud to present you 'The Science of Leadership'. This course has the ambition to build a bridge between a century of science and 21st century managers. A bridge between how our brain works and how to use that knowledge to improve our communication and leadership abilities.
The course itself is quite dense, so take your time. Don't rush through it. Let the information sink and try things out gradually, before moving on. This way you'll get the most out of this course.
We"ll go over a series of major studies and experiments, but more importantly, each time we'll see how the conclusions apply to our team, so we can turn all these insights into concrete actions.
So expect some theory, of course, but most of all,
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Expect scientific insights to manage your teams more effectively,
- Expect powerful communication techniques to coach your team members
- Expect to gain a deep understanding of motivation and how to apply that to your team
- Expect a new model for leadership which will give you a unique perspective on your team
So, welcome! I'm excited to have you here, and hope you'll enjoy this course as much as I did creating it.
See you inside!
Introduction - 4 Minutes
- The Science behind Leadership
Our Brain - 41 Minutes
- Reptilian Brain
- Paleolimbic Brain
- Neolimbic Brain
- Prefrontal Brain
- Brain Based Leadership Styles
- Dominance vs Leadership
Our Genetic Programming - 48 Minutes
- Genetic Program
- Facing danger
- RSM - Relational Stress Management
- Avoid Danger
- Avoid Starvation
- Summary Genetic Programming
Our Prior Experience - 55 Minutes
- Prior Experience
- The eye of the beholder (I)
- Extrensic Motivations
- Managing the Neolimbic brain
- Engagement - Ingredient 1
- Engagement - ingredient 2
- Instant Gratification
- Self Evaluation
- Summary Prior Experience
Our Environment - 32 Minutes
- The importance of Context
- Our team is not a sum of individuals
- About Authority
- The eye of the beholder (II)
- Summary of context
Conclusion - 7 Minutes
- A new model of Leadership
- Thank you
About the Expert