Preview of Practical Project Management: Set Up Your Project for Successful Delivery
This is a preview (12 minutes) of the Practical Project Management: Set Up Your Project for Successful Delivery course. The description of the full course (90 minutes) is provided below.
This course is part 1 of a two-part course series on project management by Mike Clayton. To learn more about part 2 of the course, click here.
Do you need to manage a project?
And do you want to deliver it on time, on budget, and to requirement?
If you are new to project management - or just want a refresher, this course will give you all the basics and more.
Project management has become a vital element of business life. Success for both you and your organisation will depend on good project management skills.
How do you set up to succeed? This seminar shows you the practical tools, techniques and advice you need.
What will I get?
You will get 10 high quality videos - not just a PowerPoint with a voice over.
It is based on Mike's best selling three-hour live seminar and contains over an hour of video, and a wealth of additional templates for you to download and adapt to your work. These will help you to manage your projects practically, for greater control and more success.
This is Part 1 of Practical Project Management. It covers:
- Project Fundamentals - the foundations
- Project Definition - how to define what your project is and is not
If you enjoy this, you'll want to watch Part 2 - Practical Project Management: Successfully Deliver Projects On Time and On Budget
What people say about Mike's live seminar...
“This did what it said on the box – a great deal of practical ideas for planning and managing tasks, along with understanding of key principles for successful delivery"
Andrea Duncan, PDP Co-ordinator – University of Northampton
* * *
“One of the best seminars I've attended in the last 17 years. Enjoyable practical and useful. I would highly recommend this course"
Diane Massey – DSM Legal Solicitors
* * *
“If you've never had formal training in project management – you'll learn a huge amount about processes and the secrets to succeeding in your projects"
Paul Foxall, Senior Project Officer – Sandwell MBC
* * *
“Excellent content, clearly delivered. Really enjoyed Mike's course and found it exceptionally useful."
Nick Osborn, Fenland RP Ltd
* * *
“Very useful. Many excellent strategies to help guide project managers."
Rob Simpson, Basis (Registration) Ltd
* * *
“A great overall introduction to project management. I learnt a lot and have a lot I can start to implement tomorrow!"
Catherine Mendham, Content Consultants
* * *
“Very practical, very useful. Gives confidence in knowing what is important and what is not. Mike is a very engaging speaker."
Louisa Davison, Secret Agent Marketing
* * *
“An excellent introduction and reminder of some of the fundamentals of project management."
Chris Price, Pulse PM Ltd
Enroll for this course now, so you can start to gain control of your projects straight away.
This course is for professionals within the following business functions:
- Managers, supervisors and team leaders who are taking on their first project
- Project managers with little experience and less training
- Professionals who need to manage their client engagements profitably
- Consultants who need to manage projects for their clients
- Volunteers and community workers who want to bring together a project
- Anyone who wants to step into the project management role and wants a thorough, practical, primer
Project Management Fundamentals - 45 minutes
- Two Questions to Start You Thinking
- What is a Project
- The Four Stage Project Lifecycle
- Project Stages and Boundaries
- One Reason Why Projects Go Wrong
- Terminology used in the Project Stages
- More on Project Gateways / Stage Gates
- Two Questions to Check Your Understanding
Project Definition Stage - 35 minutes
- Two Questions to Kick Off This Module
- Define your Project: Goals and Objectives
- Understanding Project Scope
- Dealing with Project Scope
- Project Definition: Summary
- Three Questions to Check Your Understanding
Downloads - 10 minutes
- Free Project Management Templates and Resources
- Recommended Reading
About the Expert
Dr. Mike Clayton