Preview of Planning a Successful Blog
This is a free preview (12 minutes) of the Planning a Successful Blog course. The description of the full course (60 minutes) is provided below.
Blogging is an integral part of any social media strategy. Your blog becomes your own corner of the social web by helping you contribute original content and add fresh updates to your social media platforms.
Blogging can help you:
- Market your business
- Establish yourself as a thought leader
- Get the word out about your causes
- Become more attractive to potential employers
But where do you start?
Which blogging platform should you use?
What should you blog about?
For that matter, what the heck is a blog?
Blogging 101 assumes nothing – providing anyone with the knowledge and confidence to plan a successful blog right out of the gate.
This course offers an introduction to the technology behind a blog and explores the different blogging platforms available.
The course demonstrates types of blogs and blogging styles, as well as appropriate writing tones for specific audiences.
Join author and new media expert Deltina Hay as she helps you plan a successful blog by demonstrating real-world examples, and guiding you in answering critical blogging questions, such as:
- What do you wish to gain from blogging?
- Who is your target audience?
- What will you blog about?
- What will be the tone and style of your blog?
- Which blogging platform is the best fit?
Blogging 101 also shows you how to create good web content for your blog. The course explores how people read online content, and shows you how to make your content easier to read and more likely to get noticed.
The course also takes a look at ethics issues like copyright concerns, disclaimer and disclosure statements, and codes of ethics relevant to your profession and your industry.
Worksheets and resources included!
Don't put that blog off any longer. Take the course today, and plan the blog you've always wanted.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Learn how to plan a blog for your target audience
- Create the right blogging style for your audience
- Learn to blog according to your business or personal goals
- Choose the blogging platform that fits your needs
This course is for professionals within the following business functions:
- Business Owners
- Social Media Strategists
Introduction to Blogs - 17 Minutes
- Introduction to the Course
- Introduction to Blogs and RSS Feeds
- Types of Blogs
Finding Your Style and Planning Your Blog - 17 Minutes
- Types of Bloggers and Blogging Styles
- Planning Your Blog and Blogging Platforms
Fine Tuning Your Blogging Efforts - 15 Minutes
- Creating Good Web Content
- Blogging Ethics and Policies
Workbook - 5 Minutes
- Blog Planning Workbook
Quiz - 6 Minutes
- Course Quiz
About the Expert