Preview of Making Disruptive Leadership Work!
This is a free preview (20 minutes) of the Making Disruptive Leadership Work course. The description of the full course (103 minutes) is provided below.
We live in disruptive times. The evidence of radical change is all around us. The large scale impact of IoT, BigData, Artificial Intelligence, Infinite Computing and Robotics, is evident through the rapid emergence of Unicorns and Decacorns that change industry forever, driving exponential growth of their digitized offerings. We’re building game-changing business models and processes leveraging systems and platforms that didn’t exist just a few years ago. We live in the cloud, measure our Klout, rely on analytics and infographics, curate and crowdsource to add and extract short-lived yet effectively leveraged value.
The accelerating dynamics of change and complexity leave many business leaders overwhelmed and under-prepared. With irrelevant strategic planning frameworks and outdated tools, processes and platforms, leaders need to foster a new approach to innovation leadership and specifically two critical skills: visionary disruption and effective adaptation.
Disruptive Leaders take the path less traveled to offer unique vision, build a culture of frame-bending thinking, shape systems that un-limit and unleash innovative ideas and facilitate exceptional collaboration for inimitable synergy and responsiveness.
Take this course to deepen your thinking around disruption opportunities and enhance your disruptive leadership competence, confidence, and overall effectiveness.
After taking this course you'll be able to:
- identify disruptive opportunities and paradigm-shifting moments
- qualify good bad and ugly visions and map your visionary ideas to disrupt your competitive space
- structure your organizational systems and processes to enhance the business capacity to gauge and respond to change opportunities
- facilitate effective collaboration that deliver disruptive synergy!
This course is for professionals within the following business functions:
- Anyone in the C-suite
- Business Owners and entrepreneurs
- Team leaders
- Startup visionaries
Course Overview - 27 minutes
- Opening words
- What is disruptive thinking
- Disruptive thinking - practices and tips
The Visionary - 24 minutes
- Disruptive leadership
- Visionary leadership
- Engaging disruptive vision is key!
The Architect - 17 minutes
- Architect leadership
- Design the 'Unlimited by Design' organization system
- Organizational structures that disrupt
- Workplace environments designed to disrupt
The Alchemist - 35 minutes
- Alchemist leadership
- Composing for disruptive outcomes
- Facilitate disruptive synergy
- Measuring and rewarding disruptive performance
About the Expert
Anat Lechner PhD
Anat Lechner is a Professor of Business Management at the Stern School of Business, New York University. Professor Lechner’s research focuses on structural and leadership requirements for developing companies’ innovation capabilities and outcomes. Her work encompasses various areas including leading strategic change, the effective leverage of collaborative structures, and embracing work environments supportive of creativity and innovation. A former Research Fellow at McKinsey & Co. and the founder of a boutique management-consulting firm and a Color Data company, Professor Lechner client list includes global Fortune 500 firms in the Financial Services, Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, Energy, Food, High Tech, design and Retail industries. Anat holds an MBA and a PhD in Organization Management from Rutgers University, NJ.Read more