Preview of Beginner WordPress: Learn Website Creation & Web Design With No Coding
This is a free preview (15 minutes) of the Beginner WordPress: Learn Website Creation & Web Design With No Coding course. The description of the full course (144 minutes) is provided below.
WordPress is the software behind nearly a quarter of the world’s websites!
With WordPress you can build a site in five minutes with no prior experience and WordPress can be scaled to power some of the biggest websites in the world.
WordPress is the most successful content management system for websites out there today. That’s an amazing number of people who use it. So it’s an important software to get to know.
This course starts at a basic level. I go through the administration section and the links on the left hand side in WordPress’s back end.
Then I create a WordPress website in front of your eyes. You can create your first website with me!
You will learn about:
- the WordPress hosting environment
- how to install WordPress on a host
- how to create Pages and Posts (and the differences between them)
- how to create a menu
- formatting and adding images the right way
- changing the theme and the logo (and how to outsource log design jobs to freelancers)
- complete customization of the home page, the other pages’ layouts and the website
My story: Over ten years ago I was doing very menial typesetting work in a London office. A colleague who knew I’d been struggling to create web pages with static HTML suggested that I use WordPress on my new website. So I did.
That one piece of advice from a guy in 2005 set me on a path. I’ve been using WordPress and blogging on my site ever since. I have also designed and created countless other WordPress websites for clients through my web design business. I started my own business in 2006, left work two years later and now I run a six-figure location-independent business from various places around the world.
With WordPress, you can not only to build websites, but you can also build businesses!
Literally tens of thousands – or probably hundreds of thousands – of viable businesses exist because of WordPress. Developers sell plugins and themes for WordPress, designers use WordPress as a web design and development tool, and business people power their website with WordPress which is central to their marketing.
WordPress can be used for just about any type of website. It is free and open source.
WordPress is a great and simple tool with an incredibly supportive and helpful community around it.
It’s great way to get started online. A solid and sustainable website will help you build a solid and sustainable online business.
WordPress is, quite simply, the most important online business skill of all.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Install Wordpress on a commercial web host
- Create Pages and Posts (and the differences between them)
- Create a menu
- Format text and add images the right way
- Have a basic understanding of SEO for wordpress
- Change the theme and the logo of a Wordpress website (and how to outsource log design jobs to freelancers)
- Customize the home page, other pages' layouts and the website
This course is for professionals within the following business functions:
- Content Marketing
Introduction to the course - 12 Minutes
- The PDF of the course
- Download the course PDF
WordPress – Installation - 23 Minutes
- A WordPress Hosting Environment
- Installing WordPress with One-Click through the cPanel
- How To Manually Install WordPress – Recommended
WordPress – Administration area or "Back end" - 32 Minutes
- WordPress – Administration area or "Back end"
- Changing Your Website's Appearance Using WordPress
- An Introduction to WordPress Plug-ins
- The Users and Tools Sections of the WordPress "Back End"
- WordPress "Back End" Settings
WordPress – Let's create a website! - 29 Minutes
- Creating Your First Web Page In WordPress
- Creating Other Pages, a Separate Page For Your Blog Posts and a Static Home Page
- How To Create a Menu in WordPress
- Formatting Text and Adding Images to a WordPress Page
- How To Create a Contact Form on the Contact Page
- Adding Content to the Home Page and Changing a Navigation Label on the Menu
- Adding Social Profile Links to Every Page
WordPress – Let's blog! - 14 Minutes
- How To Create and Format a Blog Post
- What To Remember To Do Before You Publish a Blog Post
WordPress – Let's design! - 24 Minutes
- Changing the Theme and Adding a Logo
- Further Customizations of the Header and Adding a Sticky Logo and Menu
- More Customization of the Home Page the Blog Page and the Blog Posts
- What is a Featured Image? And Changing the Featured Image on a Page
Email marketing - 8 Minutes
- Adding an Email Opt-in Form to a WordPress Site
Conclusion - 5 Minutes
About the Expert