Preview of Become a SpeedDemon: Productivity Tricks to Have More Time
This is a free preview (16 minutes) of the Become a SpeedDemon: Productivity Tricks to Have More Time course. The description of the full course (160 minutes) is provided below.
Learn productivity strategies and easy-to-use tricks to help you get through everyday tasks faster and more efficiently.
This course will teach you the most cutting-edge tips and tricks for productivity, automation, and efficiency, so that you can do more work in less time and have more time for the things that matter in life.
What would you do to have just one more hour in the day? Two hours? How about 3?
The sad truth is that most of us simply don't have enough time in our daily lives to get through everything we need to do. Much less the things we want to do.
In this course from best-selling instructor Jonathan Levi, author of the blockbuster course "Become a SuperLearner," you will learn how to reclaim enough time to do just that - and so much more.
For the last 10 years, your instructor Jonathan Levi has developed a series of techniques, tips, tricks, and strategies to overcome a near superhuman workload. From juggling a multimillion dollar business while engaged as a full time student, to running multiple companies at the same time, to leading a jam-packed travel, social, and educational calendar that would make some people's heads spin.
How is this possible, and how can you, too, learn to Become a Speed Demon?
The course starts out with a great foundation in theory, training you on the philosophies behind efficiency, productivity, and "speeding up."
Armed with these theories and strategies, the course then dives into more nuts-and-bolts recommendations on how to speed up some of the most time-intensive activities we each do every day; working at the computer, cooking and fitness, interactions with others, and other general inefficiencies.
The course takes a holistic approach to productivity and efficiency, arming you with the mindset to kick butt and speed up every aspect of your productive and creative life, in order to make time for the things that really matter. With that said, this course, as with the instructor's other courses, will evolve, grow, and improve based on your feedback, so get your front-row seat today!
What are the requirements?
- An open mind and readiness to learn new ways of thinking are both recommended
- No prior knowledge is required
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Get access to over 37 lectures and 2.5 hours of content!
- Harness the preeminent theories of productivity and time management to squeeze more time out of the day
- Use cutting-edge hacks, tips, and tricks to improve computer productivity work
- Identify time-wasters and zap them before they drain the day away
- Cut out the bad habits that cost hours in the day for no reason
- Make more time for the things that matter in life
This course is for professionals within the following business functions:
- Students who feel they need an extra hour in the day
- Students who feel that certain activities such as computer work, cooking, or communications take longer than necessary
- Students who wish to learn about the important theories of productivity, but don't have time to read 10 books about it!
Section 1: Introductions & Foundations - 16 Minutes
- Lecture 1: About your instructor: How this course came to be
- Lecture 2: Course structure & how to succeed
- Lecture 3: Why do things quicker?
- Lecture 4: Where most people spend (or waste) their time
- Lecture 5: Course Syllabus - Download it Now!
- Quiz 1: Are we on the same page & ready to learn together?
Section 2: General Principles & Theories for Hacking Your Productivity - 48 Minutes
- Quiz 2: Pre-Quiz: Let's see what we already know?
- Lecture 6: The power of preparation
- Lecture 7: Having clear priorities & goals - and making them "SMART"
- Lecture 8: Organizing priorities with the Priority Star Exercise
- Lecture 9: Setting deadlines - and making them real
- Lecture 10: The Pareto Principle: our secret to being effective
- Lecture 11: The "Bad" kind of multitasking, avoiding distractions, and meditation
- Lecture 12: Batching similar tasks
- Lecture 13: The "Good" kind of multitasking & the Buddhist wheel of life
- Lecture 14: Planning for structured rest periods
- Lecture 15: Using small chunks of wasted time effectively
- Lecture 16: A brief note on "Flow" and focus
- Quiz 3: How well do we understand the theories & foundations?
Section 3: Speeding Up & Automating Computer Work - 35 Minutes
- Quiz 4: Pre Quiz: How productive are you at the computer?
- Lecture 17: Just how much time are you wasting on your computer?
- Lecture 18: Automating meeting scheduling
- Lecture 19: Text expansion - stop typing the same things over and over
- Lecture 20: Speaking is faster than typing - and clicking
- Lecture 21: Using custom gestures to speed up common tasks
- Lecture 22: Launchers: act without doing
- Lecture 23: Wasting less time reading & sorting through email
- Lecture 24: Automating simple, repetitive tasks effectively across the web
- Lecture 25: Watching lectures, videos, and podcasts faster
- Quiz 5: What did we learn from the computer tips and tricks section?
Section 4: Speeding Up Health & Fitness - 15 Minutes
- Quiz 6: Pre-quiz: Health and Fitness Section
- Lecture 26: Getting fit in fewer hours
- Lecture 27: Spend less time cooking
- Lecture 28: Sleeping less and feeling better
- Quiz 7: How well do we understand the health and fitness tips?
Section 5: Automating your finances - 11 Minutes
- Quiz 8: Pre-Quiz: How effectively are we monitoring our finances?
- Lecture 29: Monitoring your finances automatically
- Lecture 30: Paying bills automatically
- Quiz 9: What did we learn about monitoring our finances?
Section 6: Delegation, Communication, & Saying No - 28 Minutes
- Quiz 10: Pre-quiz: What is your starting point when it comes to Delegation and Saying No
- Lecture 31: Some things just aren't worth your time
- Lecture 32: Thoughts & tips on "outsourcing"
- Lecture 33: Speeding up decisions
- Lecture 34: Speeding up communication
- Quiz 11: What did we learn about Delegation, Communication, and Saying No
Section 7: Conclusion - 7 Minutes
- Lecture 35: Bonus: Upgrade to the MasterClass to Continue Your Journey!
- Lecture 36: Bonus Course: Become a SuperLearner to learn, read, and memorize faster
- Lecture 37: What we've learned, conclusion, and congratulations
About the Expert