How to Build a World-Class Online Community
Click here to access a free preview of the How to Build a World-Class Online Community course!
In order to thrive in today's competitive market, companies are using online communities to nurture their relationships both internally and with customers. A fast-growing number of companies are using a new mechanism for nurturing customer relationships: online communities.
These firms are finding that their gated communities are beginning to have sizable impacts. As these stories become better known, companies are increasingly getting excited about the potential of online customer communities.
This expert course will explore the strategies and benefits that online communities have brought to organizations. You'll learn how your company can experience sizable impacts from an online community by helping customers get more value from your products and services and providing improved after-sale service while developing more effective marketing channels.
After taking this course, you'll be able to:
- understand and identify the four business drivers fueling the case for community
- understand and apply an outlined step-by-step process for building a world-class online community
- recognize and understand the different stages and member types of an online community
- understand and discuss the operational impact of online communities and tie it all back to business ROI
Getting Started - 6 minutes
- Your Learning Objectives
- What do You Already Know?
- Introduction to Building World-Class Online Communities
Setting the Scene for Community Building - 6 minutes
- Our Day Has Come
- What Does the Data Have to Say?
- B2B Versus B2C: An Online Community Taxonomy
The Community Building Process - 8 minutes
- Business Drivers Fueling the Case for Community
- Laying a Solid Foundation: 7 Steps to Success
- Community Success Equation
- AMAZING Online Communities...
Community Members: Who Are They? - 13 minutes
- The Member Experience Roadmap
- Types of Members & How to Activate Them
- Measuring Member Engagement
A Case Study: Palladium Group - 3 minutes
- Building the Case for Social
- Operational Impact
Wrap Up - 6 minutes
- The Future of Online Communities
- A Quick Chat with Vanessa
- What do You Know Now?
- Additional Resources
About the Expert
Vanessa DiMauro is an Internationally recognized independent thought leader on social business strategy and operations, with a specialty in online community. She helps organizations drive top line growth through innovative digital strategy design and thoughtful execution.
Vanessa has successfully led 60+ strategic social business initiatives for the world's most influential organizations over her 20 years as a social business executive. Her award-winning track-record is fueled by passion, experience and research.
Her work has been covered by leading publications such as the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and CIO Magazine and she was recently named a Social Marketing Master by Forbes. As a former Executive in Residence at Babson College, Olin School of Management, she's an engaging and informational educator and keynote speaker.