The main course goal is to help you explore how to embrace a Growth Mindset.
A Growth Mindset is the understanding that we can develop our abilities and intelligence.
Research has shown that our implicit beliefs about the nature of intelligence can have a great impact on our achievement. You will look at the theoretical and practical implications of a Growth Mindset vs a Fixed Mindset and the benefits of developing and maintaining a Growth Mindset for success.
You will practice key Growth Mindset concepts and learn how to introduce it in your class.
In this course you will:
After taking this course, you will be able to:
Be able to define a Growth Mindset and explain the brain science that supports the theory.
- Distinguish between behaviors and statements associated with a Growth Mindset; resilience, work ethic, praise.
- Help you understand the value of making mistakes in developing a Growth Mindset.
- Identify benefits of Growth Mindset, as it relates to your class & school.
This course is for professionals within the following business functions:
All students are welcome in this course
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- All you need is a drive to acquire new knowledge and skills that you can immediately apply to your life
What It Actually Is
- A Key Proficiency In Social-Emotional Learning
- Build A Deeper Understanding Of A Growth Mindset
- Mindset Activity
How It Actually Works
- The Power Of Praise
- The Promises Of Praise
- Praise The Process
Why It Matters
- The Value Of Making Mistakes
- A Powerful Model, With Strong Evidence Base
Growth Mindset In Your Classroom
- The Gamification Of Children
- Create A Growth Mindset In Your Classroom
- A Year Of Growth Mindset
- Growth Mindset Books For Children
- Positive Growth Mindset Phrases
- Growth Mindset Lesson
- Using A Growth Mindset Empowers Us
Growth Mindset Activities
- What is your Growth Mindset?
- Growth Mindset Books For Adults
About the Expert
Nicole Le Maire