Configuring Synology Network Attached Storage Appliances
Have you heard about storage, SAN, NAS? Are these concepts new to you or are you curious to find out more? Do you want to learn how to configure a Synology Storage appliance?
Well then, you've come to the right place!
In this course you will learn how to work with the Synology network attached storage appliances, which will give you many functions that will help you everyday. You'll get to create your own private cloud storage that can rival Dropbox, learn how to connect and record footage from IP surveillance cameras, learn how to create files, shared folders, volumes and even how to install and use a web server on the unit and many more.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- You'll be able to take a Synology storage appliance and configure the multitude of functions, while also working with it to be more productive in your day-to-day operations. On top of that, you'll know how to keep your data safe!
This course is for professionals within the following business functions:
- This prerequisites for this course are basic networking knowledge, basic hard drives and storage knowledge and generally a desire to learn new things.
Intro - 3 Minutes
- Introduction to Synology and NAS systems
Initial setup and walkthrough - 40 Minutes
- DSM Assistant and First Connection
- Network connectivity
- Update, restore and password reset
- System setup
- Storage Manager
System and Services Configurations - 160 Minutes
- Users and Groups
- Configure shared folders
- Configure and use file services and the FileStation Utility
- Integrate with AD
- WiFi and Bluetooth
- Security Advisor
- External devices
- Task scheduler and Power schedule
- DHCP - quickconnect and external access
- High Availability
- Resource Monitor and Logs
- Package Center
- Storage Analyzer
- Document viewer and Notes
- DNS server
- Mail Server and Mail Station
- Surveillance station
- Web station and Wordpress
- Hyper backup
Conclusion - 1 Minute
About the Expert