Blogging 101: Build A Successful Blog In 2017 And Beyond
Brad Merrill has been building things on the web for well over a decade. In 2010, he started a blog about technology and innovation, and in just a couple of years it grew into a large publication with staff and revenue, serving more than half a million monthly readers. His work has been featured on Techmeme and cited by a number of notable blogs and publications, including the Wall Street Journal.
In this course, Brad condenses ten years of trial and error into a simple blueprint designed to help you build a successful blog. You'll learn all the essentials, including:
Why would you want to build a blog? Well, there are many different motivations, but here are a few of the most common:
- Build a business: A blog can be the center of a low-overhead, location-independent, lucrative business. There has never been a better time to do this—the Internet has made it cheaper and easier than ever before for anyone to start a business.
- Grow an existing business: Content marketing is one of the best ways to drive your business forward, and a blog is a tried and true format. Many of the world's biggest companies and brands are now using digital content to market their products and services, so you'll be in great company if you do the same.
- Showcase your expertise: If you want to position yourself as a thought leader or expert, blogging is an excellent way to do it. A blog can be a powerful asset if you're trying to build a personal brand, get a job, sell services, or launch a career in public speaking.
- Build Relationships: Blogging is a great way to become an active and influential member of your community, which can help you build relationships with people you want to reach.
If you're thinking of starting a blog this year, there's never been a better time. This course will walk you through the entire process—setting up WordPress, writing stellar content, promoting that content, building an email list, and implementing a revenue model to turn your blog into a business. It's all here.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Learn about the mindset of a successful blogger
- Learn how to build a WordPress site
- Learn how to write amazing blog content that readers will love and share
- Learn how to promote your content to ensure people actually see it
- Learn how to build and leverage an email list to generate traffic and revenue on demand
- Learn how to turn your blog into a business that generates revenue
This course is for professionals within the following business functions:
- This course is perfect for all students!
Introduction - 6 Minutes
- Course Intro
- How To Use This Course
Before You Begin - 12 Minutes
- The Mindset Of A Successful Blogger
- Choosing A Topic And Planning A Content Strategy
- Naming And Branding Your Blog
Technology - 14 Minutes
- Why You Should Use WordPress For Your Blog
- Domain Names And Web Hosting
- How To Install WordPress
- WordPress Themes
- WordPress Plugins
- WordPress Security And Backups
- Analytics And Data
Content - 17 Minues
- Content Intro
- How To Write Amazing Blog Posts
- Where To Find Content Ideas And Inspiration
- 20 Types Of Content You Can Create For Your Blog
- Content Frequency: How Often Should You Post?
Promotion - 22 Minutes
- Promotion Intro
- Basic WordPress SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Social Media For Bloggers
- 12 Content Promotion Strategies You Can Use To Grow Your Audience
List Building - 22 Minutes
- Why You Need An Email List
- Which Email Marketing Service Should You Use?
- How To Get People To Opt Into Your List
- 15 Effective Strategies You Can Use To Grow Your Email List
- What Should You Send To Your Email Subscribers?
Revenue - 9 Minutes
- Revenue Intro
- 5 Revenue Models You Can Use To Build A Business Around Your Blog
Wrapping Up - 2 Minutes
- The Next Steps
About the Expert