Become a SuperLearner 2: Learn Speed Reading & Advanced Memory Techniques
Click here to access a free preview of the Become a SuperLearner 2: Learn Speed Reading & Advanced Memory Techniques course!
Learn faster & more effectively by harnessing the skills of the world's fastest readers & memory record-holders. NEW V2!
After over 50,000 satisfied students in our original course, Become a SuperLearner has been updated, upgraded, and improved from the ground up for 2016.
This course will teach you how to hack your learning, reading, and memory skills, empowering you to learn anything and everything faster and more effectively.
Whether you're a student, a professional, or simply embarking on a new hobby, you are forced to grapple with an every-increasing amount of information and knowledge. In fact, it's believed that one week's worth of the New York Times contains more information than people 100 years ago encountered in their entire lives. We've all experienced the frustration of an ever-growing reading list, struggling to learn a new language, or forgetting things you learned in even your favorite subjects.
Anyone can develop Super-Learning skills!
This course is about improving your ability to learn new skills or information quickly and effectively. We go far beyond the kinds of "speed-reading" (or glorified skimming) you may have been exposed to, diving into the actual cognitive and neurological factors that make learning easier and more successful. We also give you advanced memory techniques to grapple with the huge loads of information you'll be able to process.
You'll learn how to input and retain information in a whole new way - a faster, better way
The core of this SuperLearning course involves 3 "Super Skills":
- Speed-reading with high (80%+) comprehension and understanding
- Memory techniques for storing and recalling vast amounts of information quickly and accurately
- Developing the cognitive infrastructure to support this flood of new information long-term
However, the SuperLearning skills you'll learn in this course are applicable to many aspects of your every day life, from remembering phone numbers to acquiring new skills or even speaking new languages.
How this new course will change your life and triple your learning speed:
The sad irony is that in order to learn most of these superlearning skills and memory techniques in the past, you had to read dozens of books and psychological journals. Or, you had to hire an expensive private tutor who specializes in superlearning. That's what I did. And it changed my life.
Fortunately, my instructors (experts in the fields of superlearning, memory techniques, and speed-reading) agreed to help me transform their materials into the first ever digital course. That course,Become a SuperLearner 1.0, took the internet by storm, becoming one of the top courses in the history of e-learning, and resulting in a bestselling book and top-ranking podcast.
How is it different from SuperLearner 1.0?
Over the last 2 years and 50,000+ students, we’ve had tens of thousands of data points and pieces of feedback, helping us improve both our methodology and our teaching practices. This new course has more (and better) content than ever before, including:
- Completely re-written lectures emphasizing clarity and engagement!
- All-new lectures on topics never before covered!
- Hands-on demonstration videos for every major concept
- Dramatically improved video and audio quality
- Interactive worksheets to print and complete
- Even MORE supplemental resources!
We can confidently say that this is the best, most comprehensive accelerated learning product we’ve ever released.
The course will require 2-3 hours of memory and speed-reading practice and training per week, and last roughly 7-9 weeks. It won't be easy - but if you put in the work, you are guaranteed to succeed.
In addition to the lectures, there is an additional 1.5 hours of supplemental video content from TED, YouTube, and other sources which are considered part of the course curriculum.
"SuperLearner" is a trademark of SuperHuman Enterprises, Inc.
What are the requirements?
- Students should be able to read proficiently in their native language and in English. Though these skills can be applied to any language, the provided materials will be in English.
- Willingness to push yourself, break old habits, and a burning desire to succeed
- Students with visual or learning disabilities: please contact the instructors before purchasing the course, so that we can ensure your utmost success.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Receive over 60 lectures and 5 hours of content!
- An additional 1.5 hours of supplementary video
- Our proven methodology, completely upgraded for 2016
- All, new, never-before seen content based on tens of thousands of data points from students like you
- Regular homework assignments, games, worksheets, and other supplementary materials
- By the end of this course, you will be able to read at least 3 times the speed of an average college graduate, with above-average comprehension and retention
- You will also learn the exact same skills that internalize information in a highly-effective way, and how to apply this teaching to any skill you wish to learn
- The ultimate goal of this course is to give you the tools to learn anything more quickly and effectively
This course is for professionals within the following business functions:
- Ideal for new students AND existing students of SuperLearner 1.0
- Anyone who has ever wished they could learn more effectively
- People who love to learn
Section 1: Introduction & setting yourself up for success - 20 Minutes
- Lecture 1: About us: how this course came to be
- Lecture 2: Downloading the course resources & overview
- Lecture 3: Progressive overload & what to do if you get frustrated
- Lecture 4: Personal Goals & Progress Worksheet
- Lecture 5: Diagnostic Worksheet #1: Establish a baseline reading speed and retention
- Quiz 1: Are we on the same page and ready to learn together?
Section 2: Understanding your memory (so that you can improve it!) - 32 Minutes
- Lecture 6: Misconceptions Pre-Quiz I
- Lecture 7: Why we need to improve our memory first
- Lecture 8: How we store information: a very brief explanation
- Lecture 9: Chunking: Navigating the brain’s natural limitations
- Lecture 10: Demonstration: Chunking
- Lecture 11: Chunking Worksheet
- Lecture 12: Dual coding & ‘brute force’ learning
- Quiz 2: How much do we understand about our memory?
Section 3: The incredible power of visual memory - 18 Minutes
- Lecture 13: Misconceptions Pre-Quiz II
- Lecture 14: Why images are the most powerful way to remember & learn
- Lecture 15: When & why creativity training may be necessary
- Lecture 16: What types of images come naturally to you?
- Quiz 3: Do we understand how visual memory works?
Section 4: Mental markers: visual memory meets learning - 68 Minutes
- Lecture 17: How do we apply visual memory to reading?
- Lecture 18: Demonstration: Visualization of words and concepts from text
- Lecture 19: Creating effective markers for better memory
- Lecture 20: Logical & creative markers
- Lecture 21: Trying out your new skills
- Lecture 22: Linking & chunking markers for better retention
- Lecture 23: Demonstration: Putting it all together with random facts
- Lecture 24: Demonstration: Putting it all together with written texts
- Quiz 4: How well do we understand markers?
Pre-reading and preparation - 22 Minutes
- Lecture 25: Misconceptions Pre-Quiz III
- Lecture 26: Introducing the SQ3R System
- Lecture 27: Pre-read before you read
- Lecture 28: Creating burning interest: Perspectives, prior knowledge, & W/H questions
- Lecture 29: Demonstration: Pre-reading
- Quiz 5: Are we all clear on pre-reading?
Section 6: Read with your eyes, not with your inner voice - 30 Minutes
- Lecture 30: How to properly test your comprehension without fooling yourself
- Lecture 31: Diagnostic Worksheet #2: Establish a new reading speed and retention
- Lecture 32: Misconceptions Pre-Quiz IV
- Lecture 33: How most people read: subvocalization
- Lecture 34: Saccades: using your eyes as effectively as possible
- Lecture 35: Improving your eye span: wider saccades
- Lecture 36: Using saccades across various devices and media
- Lecture 37: Final thoughts on saccades
- Lecture 38: Demonstration: Saccades in action
- Quiz 6: Do we understand how speed reading works?
Section 7: Let's speed things up! - 40 Minutes
- Lecture 39: Speed training with a card
- Lecture 40: Progressive Overload Revisited: Training at the speed you wish to read
- Lecture 41: Speed Tip: Tricking your brain into speeding up
- Lecture 42: Managing pauses to create markers while speed reading
- Lecture 43: Demonstration: Creating markers while speed reading
- Lecture 44: Text structure and marker hierarchy
- Lecture 45: Training Going Forward & what to do if you backslide
- Lecture 46: Diagnostic Worksheet #3: Establish an “after” reading speed and retention
- Quiz 7: Do we fully understand speed reading?
Section 8: Systems for creating & maintaining long term memories - 35 Minutes
- Section 8: Systems for creating & maintaining long term memories
- Lecture 48: Using Spaced Repetition to Help Us Maintain Memories
- Lecture 49: Mind Mapping
- Lecture 50: Memory Palaces
- Lecture 51: Number memorization systems
- Quiz 8: Do you know how to maintain your memories long term?
Good learning habits - 10 Minutes
- Lecture 52: Misconceptions Pre-Quiz VI
- Lecture 53: Sleeping and learning: Why sleep is so crucial
- Lecture 54: The proper learning environment
- Quiz 9: Is your environment and lifestyle set up for learning?
Section 10: Applying your new skills to anything and everything - 25 Minutes
- Lecture 55: Misconceptions Pre-Quiz VII
- Lecture 56: SuperLearning by video or audio
- Lecture 57: Tailoring the skills: Learning languages
- Lecture 58: Tailoring the skills: Never forget a face or a name
- Quiz 10: Can you apply your new skills to things besides reading?
- Lecture 59: Thank You & Congratulations
- Lecture 60: BONUS: Upgrade to the SuperLearner MasterClass & Continue Your Journey!
About the Expert