Preview of Lean Customer Research: Usability Testing for New Managers
This is a free preview (10 minutes) of the Lean Customer Research: Usability Testing for New Managers course. The description of the full course (45 minutes) is provided below.
Products and features won't gain traction unless they are intuitive and highly usable, which is why learning how to create high-quality usability tests is crucial to your company's success.
In this expert course, Learningly Expert Steven Cohn takes us on a stimulating journey through the strategic process of conducting lean customer research with usability tests.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply usability testing best practices to your work with digital products
- Strategically write a great usability test task
- Assess and determine when, where and how usability tests should take place (remote v. in person)
- Recognize and avoid a poorly written usability test task
- Interpret usability test results to improve your digital products
This course is for:
- UX Designers
- Product Managers
Getting Started - 8 minutes
- Your Learning Objectives, Should You Choose to Accept
- What do You Already Know?
- Introduction to Usability Tests
Writing a Usability Test - 5 minutes
- How to Write a Usability Test Task
- The Key to Asking Good Questions During a User Test
- Don't Lead the Witness
Who and Where? - 12 minutes
- Who to Conduct a Usability Test On
- Where to Conduct a Usability Test
Timing is Everything - 6 minutes
- When to Conduct a Usability Test
- The 5 Minute Rule
- Ship Faster Hack: Test on Your Developers First
Interpreting Results - 3 minutes
- How to Interpret the Results of a Usability Test
Avoiding Common Mistakes - 3 minutes
- How to Avoid Common Mistakes with Usability Tests
- Read it Instead: How to Avoid Common Mistakes with Usability Tests
Wrap Up - 8 minutes
- What do You Know Now?
- Additional Resources
About the Expert