Modern schools are continuously facing the need to change, by studying change in-depth, you will gain a greater understanding of how complex the process is.
You will develop the skills needed to help teachers and staff cope through periods of change, and ultimately help them understand the benefits of change.
The lessons discuss a variety of factors that causes schools to change and reasons that people may resist such changes. By studying these factors, you will develop skills that will help you understand these worries, own your change management skills.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
Learn about the importance of communication and good leadership in the process of change management.
- Learn about the different theories of Change in schools and contrast the practices with the characteristics of change principles and elements.
- Formulate your own theory of leadership development and reflect on different leadership situations, the connection between a change mindset, recognizing that sustainable leaders communicate using goals.
- Introduce Emotional Intelligence as a change management strategy by defining what it is and explaining why it is important and how you can apply it in your school.
- Explore the key strategies to foster collaboration, you will to learn to rally school staff behind shared values, redefine roles inside and outside the school organisation, and craft a human-centered school organisation that drives performance, governance and improvement.
- Learn how to tailor both the content of your message and the form of its delivery, whilst developing a trailblazer change communicator attitude with confidence and enthusiasm.
This course is for professionals within the following business functions:
For teachers & academic leaders
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- All you need is a drive to acquire new knowledge and skills that you can immediately apply to your life
Introduction To Change Management - 28 Minutes
- What Will Be Covered
- Activity: Are You Good At Change?
- Introduction To Change Management
- Change Principles
Leadership Development - 20 Minutes
- Theories Of Leadership
- Impact Of Change
- Video: Managing Change In Education
Developing An Emotionally Intelligent School - 15 Minutes
- What Is Emotional Intelligence?
- EI As A Change Management Strategy
- Developing An Emotionally Intelligent School
- Read: What Leads To Positive Change In Teaching Practice?
Construct A Collaboration And Culture Change Programme - 63 Minutes
- Bridge The Divide
- Video: Collaboration
- Cultural Identity
Communicating Change - 6 Minutes
- Communicating Change
- Activity: Change Management Checklist
Begin With The End In Mind - 5 Minutes
- Wrap Up
About the Expert
Nicole Le Maire