Preview of Advanced Influencing Skills for Business
This is a free preview ( minutes) of theHow to Build a World-Class Online Community course. The description of the full course (136 minutes) is provided below.
Metaphor is our primary processing language. It's the way we describe one thing in terms of something else with which we have a greater familiarity. Metaphor is the medium we use to create understanding. It's hard to overstate the importance of metaphor.
We will teach you a set of questions to explore the detail and relationships held within their metaphors. This is known a their psychoactive landscape and you will come to know it well.
The course begins by introducing you to the use of metaphor by
Sir Richard Branson, Warren Buffett and Indra Nooyi, CEO of Pepsico.
Real life recordings of the technique in action are introduced and then we suggest ways in which you can gain practical experience including practice Skype sessions which are included with thsi course. You can only learn by listening and repeating which is a fun and effective way of absorbing the lessons.
The course is not about some magical theatrical effect in which you can have people reveal facts about themselves in trance but rather the opportunity for you to tune into what they reveal about themselves with every word they say.
Watch the FREE preview and enroll today.
After taking this course you will learn:
- what makes people tick by training your attention onto the metaphors they use
- why metaphor is our primary processing language and reveals the patterns of thought which control our behaviour
- the art of listening to understand rather than listening to reply
- how to build rapport through accurate listening and summary
- to better understand people with clarity and be able to create co-operation
- how to avoid the expensive mistakes which accompany misunderstanding
- how to help people to make positives changes by helping them to recognise and change the metaphors the live by
This Course is For:
- Influencers and leaders
- Sales people
- Those in HR
Introduction to Mind Reading - 40 minutes
- Introductory overview
- Course Preview
- Fundamentals of Metaphor
- Why are we training your attention onto metaphor?
- Metaphors We Live By
- Caitlin Walker demonstrates this technique in action
Expanding our appreciation of metaphor and how to apply it practically - 12 minutes
- Less obvious metaphors with examples
- Metaphors that leaders live by and what to do with them
- Metaphor or No Metaphor
Getting curious with the metaphors of business leaders - 14 minutes
- Getting curious with Indra Nooyi CEO Pepsico
- Getting curious with Sir Richard Branson Entrepreneur Virgin
- Getting curious with Warren Buffett - Berkshire Hathaway Investments
Listening and Summarising - 10 minutes
- Accuracy in listening and summarising
- Listening and Summarising
Challenge assumptions - we are all different - 3 minutes
- The Elephant Game
Questions to prompt for metaphor - 3 minutes
- Questions to prompt for metaphors
Modelling behaviours - 22 minutes
- Exploring metaphors for Working at Your Best
- Example of building a team metaphor for collaboration
- Live example - giving instructions at your best
- Benefits of exploring team metaphors of collaboration
- Expanding the application of the technique
- Metaphors to explore stress reduction with James Lawley
Psychoactive Landscape - 8 minutes
- Exploring the psychoactive landscape
- What would you like to have happen and other questions
- Change the metaphor to change the outcome
Example of a modelling session in a workplace setting - 14 minutes
- Modelling procrastination
- Learnings from Modelling Procrastination
- Physical Metaphors
- Practise Practise Practise
Summing it all up and Thanks to You - 10 minutes
- Summarising what we have learned
About the Expert