Lean Business Planning: Get What You Want from Your Business
Click here to access a free preview of the Lean Business Planning: Get What You Want from Your Business course!
Lean business planning is a simple but powerful way to get what you want from your business. Get focused, grow faster, and adjust to change. A lean business plan is an easy and practical way to align strategy, tactics, milestones, assumptions, and essential cash flow without the fuss of a full business plan.
After taking this course you'll be able to:
- utilize a simple, powerful, and easy approach to getting what you want from your business. Any business, existing, startup, or in the planning stage, can take advantage of this approach.
- use methods to stay focused, grow faster, and adjust quickly to change. Set expectations and track results.
- use methods to review and revise regularly to simplify and watch the important milestones.
- know when to stick to the plan, when to change it, and how to tell the difference.
- learn how to easily forecast sales, expenses, and cash flow, and how to manage ongoing results.
- set priorities for long term and manage steps in the short term.
This course is for professionals within the following business functions:
- Business owners and entrepreneurs: people who want to start a new business or manage an existing business better
What the Experts are Saying:
"Think you don’t need a business plan? Think again! Tim Berry brings business planning into the 21st century, marrying the real need for a plan with today’s “lean” thinking. The result? Truly the last book on business plans you’ll ever need."
– Rieva Lesonsky, President/CEO of growbiz media, author of best-selling ever Start Your Own Business
"Forget the old-fashioned business plan. It's not just for startups, or investors; it's to run your business better. Faster, easier, more focused, and quicker to change. Tim Berry's Lean Business Planning is a methodology, not just a plan. It's about getting the right things done. A must for every business owner and startup."
– Susan Solovic, THE small business expert, NYT best-selling author
"In order to thrive today your business must be nimble. Throw out traditional business planning and embrace Lean Business Planning and set your business free to dominate."
– John Jantsch, author of best-sellers Duct Tape Marketing and The Referral Engine
Orientation - 25 minutes
- Business for Life, Not Life for Business
- Course Contents
- What's Lean? Lean Manufacturing, Lean Startups ... and Lean Planning
- Principles of Lean Planning
- Links for more information
The First Three Steps - 40 minutes
- Step One: Set the Strategy
- Real case: when tactics didn't match strategy
- Step Two: Tactics Make Strategy Real
- Tactics: A Real Case Example
- Tactics: Summary and Conclusion
- Step Three: Concrete Specifics: Milestones, Metrics, Assumptions
Step Four: Essential Business Numbers - 45 minutes
- About this Section
- How to Set Sales and Spending Categories
- How to Develop Your Numbers and Estimates
- Sales Forecast Structure
- Sales Forecast Sample Case 1: Bicycle Store
- Sales Forecast Case 2: The Deli-Café
- Sales Forecast Case 3: Email Marketing
- Sales Forecast Case 4: Online Sales
- Budget Your Spending
- Plan for Cash
Step Always: Review and Revise - 10 minutes
- Monthly Review
- Compare Results to What You Planned
- Change the Plan or Stick to the Plan
Special: Business Plan Financials Simplified - 35 minutes
- About these three short videos
- Part 1: Planning vs. Accounting, and Six Key Terms
- Part 2: Three Common Confusions You Can Avoid
- Part 3. What You Need to Know About Cash Flow
- Links and recommendations for more information
Additional Information - 15 minutes
- Estimating Starting Costs
- Sharing Your Plan When You Need To
- Know Your Market
About the Expert